Thursday, February 26, 2015

EF#8: A Letter for My-Almost-20 Self



Dear Me,

In few months, you will turn 20. Your first year leaving the tens and I’m sure it will be a great year.
You won’t believe what will happen this year.  A really big adventure is waiting for you. This amazing thing will change the way you think and act. It will also change you into someone new. You will be very excited for this, and somehow your excitement will boost your confidence.

Wait. Why do I sound like a fortune teller?

It’s okay, I am your future self so I know what happened already. Before I tell you what you better do and avoid, I just want you to know that it was sooo difficult to find what I want to change in the past. Everything happened for a reason and I am grateful for what I am now.

Of course, there were things I wished I didn’t do, vice versa. So, here they are.

Be confident. Girl, you don’t need to be intimidated by people who can speak confidently and flawlessly. You can be like them, believe me. What you need is only practice, practice, practice. If it turns out to be under your standard, it’s fine. We have some things that we are good at, and there are also things we just need to accept in life.

Do not procrastinate. If you know things are better done immediately, do it. You will have more time and less stressful deadlines. If the reason you postpone it is because you are afraid to fail, bear in mind that failure is a way to succeed. Once you conquer it, you will feel so relieved.

Know your goals. A bunch of opportunities are coming, but will they suit your needs? Don’t do something because you think you can. Think also about the benefit of those chances for your long term goals. If it wastes your time, leave it.  

Share more. If you see people in need, give them what you can: help, money, things, prayer. Don’t forget that your family and friends are people who deserve your gift also.

The last and the most important thing you need to remember in your age:
Fame and money is not everything. I know, for some people, teenage life sucks. Although you are twenty, you’re still a teenage girl. Don’t get trapped by the image of a great teenager by the media and social environment. You know who you are, so be yourself and do what you think is right. You better remember why you are alive, what matters in life, and what you won’t bring after life. Then, you will now that there’s something more important than fame and money that leads you to the real happiness.

I hope you have wonderful years ahead!

Sincerely yours,

Almost-30-year-old-you.

This letter is part of English Friday challenge. If you are curious about this challenge, click this link.

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully written Mba. I agree, everything happened for a reason. No need to change. Just be grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you..!
    You're right. No regret, but don't do the same mistakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything indeed happens for a reason. Love your post! Especially the part when you say tha you sound like a fortune teller! Haha! :D
    Wish the now you a wodnerful journey ahead! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mas Dani, i hope you do,too..!

    ReplyDelete