Friday, June 26, 2015

EF #24: Eggplant Stir Fry Recipe

The difference between this ramadhan and the last is I don’t cook that much. My son takes most of my time and I just don’t have that much time to cook. So, I was a bit confused what to write in this challenge since the menu during the regular month and ramadhan is the same. There’s only one thing my husband asks that he didn’t ask on regular days: hot tea. I can’t write this tea recipe, right?


I have one recipe, actually. I got this from my husband’s aunt few months ago and it became a regular menu in my family. It is Oseng Terong a.k.a Eggplant Stir Fry. Don’t worry, it is so easy to make even if you seldom cook.

I know it doesn't look tempting..but I guarantee it tastes really good!

Ingredients:
2 medium size purple eggplant
3 cloves of garlic
5 cloves of shallot
2 cayenne pepper (is this the correct translation of cabe rawit?)
Oil
Salt
3 tbsp water

Preparation:
1.    Peel the eggplants and cut into medium dices. Soak in a bowl of water.
2.    Peel the garlics and shallots and slice.
3.    Slice the cayenne peppers.
4.    Heat the oil, add the sliced garlics, shallots, and peppers.
5.    Wait until it smells good then add the eggplants and salt. Stir fry about 1 minute then add 3 table spoon of water. Put the skillet lid.
6.    Wait until the water absorped then stir again. (I like it a bit dry and almost overcooked. You can see the dark brown crisp on the dice side)
7.    Don’t forget to turn off the stove (especially if you do more than one things at once :p )
8.    The dish is ready to serve..!

If you don’t like spicy food, you can eliminate the pepper. I can’t tolerate too spicy food (that’s recipe for my husband’s standard) so I change the pepper into one red chilli.

Okay, happy cooking everyone J

P.S: If you have a killer recipe for this Ramadhan, just write it down and post it as a part of English Friday Challenge by Blog English Club.

4 comments:

  1. egg plant is also nice to eat when it's raw. my husband likes egg plant very much. I usually steam the egg plants together with garlic, shallots, cabe rawit and a tomato until tender. after that I grind them except the egg plants. saute them in a wok and put the egg plants in it. add some water and let it boil. ofcourse I also add some salt.

    sometimes I add shrimp paste as well in the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love eggplant. I like the one cook using soy sauce the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems easy to cook.. My father will be like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. iya kok gampang banget ya tampaknya? enak ya mbak? baiklah akan saya coba kapan2 :D
    selama ini terong ya dibuat lodeh ada goreng tanpa minyak trs dikasih sambal terasi tomat

    ReplyDelete