Friday, August 25, 2017

EF 17.2: Freedom, Now and Then


When I was 7, freedom meant having unlimited snacks.

When I was 12, freedom meant going to the mall without parents.

When I was 17, freedom meant traveling somewhere far with classmates.

When I was 24, freedom meant choosing where I wanted to work without listening to others.

When I am in my 30s, freedom means….a lot.

When you have a baby, you will learn how to give up your freedom. When he’s sleeping, that’s what I call freedom IF I can read books, write, or do things I really wanted. If I cook or clean up and stuff, that’s opportunity, not freedom. Do you know what I mean?

Now I sound really mean.

Of course I love my children. I just feel I need more time for me. (Moms with grown up kids would say, enjoy your time. You’ll miss this moment when they’re older.)

I do try to enjoy my time but this freedom remains a dream. Not completely a dream, actually. My husband and my parents are kind enough to let me off for few hours each week (or month, whenever chance appears) while one of them handled one of my sons. I should be thankful for this, right?

So, as I write this, I promise I will still be grateful for these hours-long freedom.



P.S.: You an participate in this English blog-writing challenge by clicking this link






























0 komentar:

Post a Comment